Reduced Pressure Test Equipment
Reduced Pressure Test Equipment is used in quality management of Aluminum Alloy Casting, porosity is a major factor which is detrimental in terms of surface quality, corrosion resistance and mechanical properties.
Hydrogen, which easily dissolves in molten aluminum which causes gas porosity. Reduced Pressure Test (RPT) is the most widely used technique in aluminum foundries.
RPT is solidifying a sample of molten aluminum under reduced pressure (vacuum) below 100mmHg. The reduced pressure enhances pore formation and pore expansion, giving out a visibly more porous sample than that solidified under atmospheric conditions. Porosity assessment is done in the following manner:
- Viewing the top of the sample. A puffed up surface indicates heavy gas content, where as a smooth &/or a concave surface indicates mild or acceptable gas content.
- Cutting the sample & comparing the cut surface with a photographic standard.
- Using a Densitometer*, to compare the density of the sample solidified under vacuum and a sample solidified in atmosphere.
* One of our products Some of the features of our machine are:
- Self sealing SS vacuum chamber.
- In-line SS suction filter housing, developed by us specially for this apparatus. This has made the machine practically maintenance-free. Filter is designed for easy & fast cleaning.
- Vacuum display can be digital or analog.
- Can be single phase or three phase.
- Can be fitted with additional facilities, viz. data recorder, vacuum regulator, digital timer, etc.
- Has overload protection.
- Can be made mobile